Union Learning Representatives Stage 1 Award
To be able to work effectively as union learning representative (ULR) you need to build a broad knowledge and understanding of education and training matters. Equally, if not more important, is a good understanding of how the union works and your workplace context.
Knowing who to talk to and when, who makes the decisions and how, what policies and guidelines can help is fundamental to ULRs making a successful case for members.
This course will help you:
- understand union structures, and how your union organises around priorities and learning
- build a broad perspective of where you fit in the scheme of things
- find out about developments in learning and appreciate issues affecting learning
- work with members and other reps to define priorities
- take a planned approach to your own and your members' development
- develop the skills of putting the union case on learning
- work collectively as part of the union team