Union Learning Representatives Stage 2 Award
This course will provide ULRs with the opportunity to build on knowledge and skills developed in the new TUC ULR Stage 1, other initial ULR courses and in areas that are fundamental to their role. It is intended to replace many of the follow-on modules that existed in the previous ULR pathway and will provide ULRs with the opportunity to undertake an area of study relevant to their members learning needs.
Additional activities can include:
- visiting a workplace learning centre;
- learning from professionals about new initiatives, learning opportunities, funding learning, IAG networks etc;
- receiving an introduction to U-Net provision or
- visiting a U-Net Centre.
This course will help ULRs:
- review their follow up strategies from a Learning Needs Survey
- understand how to work with providers & potential partners
- develop strategies around learning and organising
- further develop skills in supporting learners
- work through learning projects (what, how, when, who, etc)
- get things done at work
- plan & develop a project relevant to the members learning
- review & plan for own development needs.
This course is for all ULRs who have previously attended the TUC ULR or New ULR Stage 1 course or their own union ULR course.
- Pre-course activities
- Workplace activities
- Review ILN surveys carried out since their ULR course and their experience of planning and recording their CPD (if applicable)
- Group coursework activities
- Workplace Learning Project – undertaken mainly away from the course with distance learning support from the tutor
- Optional course activity – as outlined above – planned by the tutor
- Presenting project progress.
Apply online: Union Learning Representatives Stage 2 Award | Adult Learning Wales - Wrexham
13 Sep 2017 - 18 Oct 2017, 6 Wednesdays, 6 days
Apply online: Union Learning Representatives Stage 2 Award | City of Glasgow College
26 Sep 2017 - 2 Nov 2017, 3 Day & 2 Day Blocks, 5 Days
Apply online: Union Learning Representatives Stage 2 Award | Adult Learning Wales - Bangor
16 Feb 2018 - 23 Mar 2018, 6 Fridays, 6 Days
Apply online: Union Learning Representatives Stage 2 Award | Adult Learning Wales - Cardiff
16 Apr 2018 - 21 May 2018, 6 Mondays, 6 Days