TUC Education's Union Reps Stage 1 is the essential course for workplace union reps and stewards. Find out what it means to be a union rep and how to represent your members effectively.
The course is interactive, exciting and full of useful information and tips.
Who is the course for?
This is the basic course for union reps. It introduces the key concepts and provides a thorough foundation for workplace representatives to develop their skills to enable them to carry out their role effectively.
The course is for both new and more experienced reps and takes between 12 and 15 hours to complete.
The course will help you:
- understand the job of the union rep in the workplace and the wider union
- use and make agreements
- represent members in discussions with employers
- understand how grievances and disciplinaries are handled
- understand rights at work
- build confidence in your role and responsibilities as a union rep
- develop the skills you need to be an effective rep.
Online learning should not be seen as an alternative to paid release from work. The law still applies, whether learning takes place away from work or in work, at a workstation or in a company learning centre.
There are no course fees for union reps from TUC affiliated unions.
If you require any further information about this course, please contact: TUC Education Online e: [email protected] t: 020 7467 1289
Apply for this course
Check for availability and apply online.