Date and time
Hilda Clark Suite, Friends House, 173-177 Euston Road, London NW1 2BJ
This event is an opportunity to discuss English, maths and digital skills learning support in the workplace. We welcome union reps and project workers and others who are interested in policy developments, supporting English, maths and digital skills learning and sharing good trade union practice.
- UNISON conducted a survey on skills and got a huge response from members. What do the survey results tell us about English, maths and digital skills?
- NEU has been running a project about transversal skills but what have they got to do with English and maths? And what can other unions learn from their project?
- Make learning fun and organise a treasure hunt in your workplace to get everyone excited in English and maths learning. Matt gives pointers.
Come to the first 2020 English, maths and digital skills network meeting and join all the discussions and activity.
- 10.00: Arrival coffee/tea
- 10.30: Kick-off and welcome
- 10.35: 'Understanding the future skill needs of public service workers' – Katie Shaw, UNISON
- 11.15: Treasure hunt and how to do it – Matt Pointon, unionlearn
- 12.00: Going Underground with ULF Transformers: transversal skills and workplace readiness – Paula Jones, NEU (Including Tea/coffee)
- 13.00: Sandwich lunch and close
For more information, contact Kirsi [email protected].
Remember Literacy Works Week 9-13 March! #literacyworks