Unionlearn occasionally commissions research on aspects of its work. Any invitiations to tender will be listed below.
Changing workplaces: the impact of trade union education on workplace representation
TUC Education wishes to commission research into current UK trade union education provision and support. This will include the conduct, analysis and reporting of research into the characteristics, and training requirements of union reps in order to develop a progressive and sustainable education solution that meets the needs of the union reps of the future.
- To analyse the characteristics and demographics of union reps, including participants in trade union education and broader support for union reps
- To explore the changing role of union reps and their impact on workplaces
- To identify and assess the impact of macro-environmental factors affecting participation in trade union education
- To evaluate existing trade union education provision and support services
- To analyse the future training and support needs of workplace representatives
Three copies of the tender should be submitted in a plain envelope marked TUC Education Research Tender on the front, and with no other markings, to Craig Hawkins, TUC, Congress House, Great Russell Street, London WC1B 3LS.
E-mail submissions will not be accepted.
Tenders must be accompanied by a signed certificate of non-collusion, set out in the form given in Annex A to this tender.
Questions regarding particular aspects of this Invitation to tender (ITT) or any other matter relating to the tender should be directed to Craig Hawkins [email protected]. Please note that we can only answer queries relating to the ITT document itself and cannot provide any information or help in relation to the content of the supplier’s submission.
The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Wednesday 6th February 2019.