As part of the unionlearn [email protected] campaign, unionlearn have launched a new Isolation Book Club.
The Isolation Book Club features short book reviews to encourage people to get involved and try out the book selections themselves and submit their own comments.
If you would like to submit a book review of your own favourite books, unionlearn would love to hear from you.
Email Matt Pointon ([email protected]) and he can give you further details on the format and some tips.
Matt Pointon - North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
Matt Pointon - Midnight Sun by Jo Nesbo
Here are links to some excellent resources for reading:
- For information from unionlearn on the subject of English, visit: https://www.unionlearn.org.uk/english
- To access unionlearn’s Read Now! eNote on the TUC Education website, visit: https://www.tuceducation.org.uk/local/enotes/index.php
- For lots of information and resources on reading visit the union learning Climbing Frame website: https://climbingframe.unionlearn.org.uk/Home
- Popular books with a work-based theme: https://www.unionlearn.org.uk/books-work-based-theme
- The Reading Agency: https://readingagency.org.uk/
- For information about Quick Reads visit: https://readingagency.org.uk/adults/quick-guides/quick-reads/
- For information about the ‘Reading Ahead’ initiative, visit: https://readingagency.org.uk/adults/quick-guides/reading-ahead/
- For information about the ‘Reading Well’ initiative visit: https://readingagency.org.uk/adults/quick-guides/reading-well/
- Information from the National Literacy Trust: https://literacytrust.org.uk/parents-and-families/adult-literacy/
- For government information on improving your English, maths and IT skills: https://www.gov.uk/improve-english-maths-it-skills
- For information about the organisation Read Easy, visit: https://readeasy.org.uk/