Maths Workout Week is back and running from the 8th - 12th October, and there are lots of ways that unions can get involved to promote maths skills at work.
We all need maths every day and everywhere. There’s even research going on exploring how good maths skills bring health benefits.
Maths Workout Week is here to celebrate everyday maths and nudge everyone to have a go at brushing up their skills.
What union learning reps can do:
* Organise a maths day, have a stall with quizzes and competitions
* If you cannot get face to face with everyone in the workplace challenge your colleagues to taking up one of the online assessments. Your union may offer one or use SkillCheck or Numeracy Challenge.
* Celebrate success, take a photo and tweet using #mathsworkout tagging @unionlearn
* Share experience in unions’ English, maths and digital skills network meeting
* Blog for us! We are looking for 400-500 word blogs to publish during the Maths Workout Week on how maths is used in everyday life whether at home or work.
Unionlearn Project Officer Kirsi Kekki said:
During the Maths Workout Week unionlearn will be offering, amongst other things, a daily maths teasers on Twitter, maths blogs on the website and launch of a new maths assessment in SkillCheck.”
To celebrate the launch of the new maths SkillCheck assessment, and to connect the dots between good maths and good health, unionlearn will reward those who take up a SkillCheck maths assessment during the Maths Workout Week with a snazzy foldable sport water bottle – just proving that maths isn’t a dry subject.”
Keep an eye on the unionlearn news pages for more.
For more information contact Kirsi [email protected]