Good news for PCS members looking to learn in the North West of England as the union last week signed an agreement with the Fire Brigades Union (FBU) allowing members to access their distance learning courses without course fees.
PCS learning and education officer Keith Johnston, who signed the agreement with FBU project support organiser Alan Griffiths, said:
We’re really excited to sign this agreement in the North West with the FBU and, if it’s successful, will look to replicate it across the country.
I would encourage PCS North West members to sign up and take advantage of these great learning opportunities."
There are no course costs provided you can complete the course. The trial with the FBU is running until July 2018.
Keith said PCS members are already beginning to sign up for the level 2 courses available, which are:
- Level 2 certificate in common health conditions
- Level 2 certificate in equality and diversity
- European computer driving licence
- Level 2 certificate in understanding autism
- Level 2 certificate in understanding nutrition and health
- Level 2 certificate in team leading
- Level 2 certificate in information, advice and guidance
- Level 2 certificate in principles of dementia care
- Level 2 certificate in working with individuals with learning disabilities
- Level 2 certificate in awareness of mental health problems
PCS members who are interested in attending one of these courses should go to the PCS Learning page and follow the link.