Download this publication
The Apprenticeships Toolkit is a resource for union officers, union representatives and union learning reps who are negotiating with employers on apprenticeships or who are approaching an employer to discuss the possibility of taking on apprentices. The factsheets provide concise information on a range of topics related to apprenticeships. They also highlight the key elements of a good quality apprenticeship.
The toolkit is intended to be used as a reference and information resource for reps. There are a number of ongoing apprenticeship reforms and the toolkit covers some of these developments.
Factsheets can be taken out of the toolkit and given to union representatives and employers if information on a specific topic is needed.
- Negotiating and Bargaining on apprenticeships
- The Apprenticeship Levy and other developments
- Pay for apprentices
- Health and Safety and working time
- High-quality training
- Widening apprenticeship access to under-represented groups
- English, maths and Functional Skills in apprenticeships
- Standards and assessment
- Traineeships and pre-apprenticeships
- Government minimum standards for apprenticeships
- TUC Apprenticeships Charter
To order a hard copy of the toolkit please contact Paul Rey-Burns: [email protected]