What can you study part-time?

What qualifications can you study?

You can study for an HNC or HND, a Foundation degree, an Honours degree, for postgraduate qualifications or study specific modules or courses for CPD (Continuing Professional Development).

What subjects can you study?

There is a wide range of subjects available, and often you can link modules together to create the combination you need. Part-time courses in health, education, administration and management and social studies are very popular.

Can I apply through UCAS?

UCAS only lists and takes applications for full-time courses. If you are looking for a part-time course you can contact the institution you wish to study with direct, or contact the National Careers Service to search for a course.

How do I choose a course?

More information about how to choose a course is available in the guide: Making choices about higher learning – what you need to know.

The UK government information website has more information about higher education courses.

What if I'm working?

If you are thinking about studying while working, see the checklist for learners, Choosing to take up higher learning opportunities while working, for a useful list of questions to ask before making a choice.