At the FBU Conference in Blackpool, FBU Project Support Organiser Tim Davies took the opportunity to record a series of short video blogs where FBU members and officers involved in learning talked about what support the FBU can offer.
The first video is ULF Project Manager Mark Dunne discussing the Union Learning Fund and its benefits for members with Tim MacFarlane, South West Regional Secretary and National Executive Officer.
Other videos include:
- TUC General Secretary Frances O’Grady addressed the conference and took a moment out to praise the work of the FBU in promoting Lifelong Learning to it members
- Project Support Officer Ian Dick highlights the role of Learning Centres in supporting members
- Dave Welsh, a FBU ULR from Durham and Darlington talks about what is happening with Lifelong Learning in his area
- Micky Nicholas, FBU Black and Ethnic Minorities Members National Secretary talks about the support learning can give to his members
- Project Support Organiser Graeme Lester highlights the Mental Health Awareness Courses that the FBU have been running for its members
- Ian Brydon, Region 1 Regional Education and Learning Organiser highlights the importance of the education agenda within the union
- FBU ULF Project Manager Mark Dunne returns to talk about the unions support for apprenticeships