If you want to study with the Open University (OU), but you’re not quite sure you are ready, an OU Access module is the ideal way to prepare. You may even be able to study for free.
Access modules help you:
- Build confidence and study skills
- Try out the OU's style of learning
- Get a taste of the subjects we offer
On successful completion, you'll gain an Access Module Certificate, and you’ll be ready to continue with your OU studies towards a qualification such as a degree.
- Be resident in the UK (or have a BFPO address).
- Register for an Access module as an additional preparatory stage towards an OU qualification (except in Scotland).
- Have a household income (personal income if resident in Scotland) of less than £25,000 (or be in receipt of qualifying benefits).
- Have no previous experience of study with The Open University and have not completed a higher education qualification at NQF level 4 or above.
The three Access modules available are:
The Access modules start in February and October each year. They are studied over a period of 30 weeks and you should expect to spend approximately 9 hours per week on your studies.
More information about the OU Access programme. Call the OU Student Registration & Enquiry Service on 01908 659253.