Advertising accounts managers and creative directors
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Advertising accounts managers and creative directors plan, design, organise and direct the advertising activities of an organisation.
QualificationsEntry is generally via career progression from related occupations. There are no pre-set entry standards, but in practice most directors hold a degree. Off- and on-the-job training is provided.
- liaises with client to discuss product/service to be marketed, defines target group and assesses the suitability of various media;
- conceives advertising campaign to impart the desired product image in an effective and economical way;
- reviews and revises campaign in light of sales figures, surveys, etc.;
- stays abreast of changes in media, readership or viewing figures and advertising rates;
- arranges conferences, exhibitions, seminars, etc. to promote the image of a product, service or organisation.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.