Agricultural and fishing trades n.e.c.
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of agricultural and fishing tasks not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 511: Agricultural and Related Trades.
QualificationsNo formal academic qualifications are required. Training is typically received on-the-job. A variety of vocational and academic qualifications in fish farming, forestry, horse and other animal care are available. Professional qualifications are also available and may be mandatory in some areas.
- nets river fish and feeds and maintains them in spawning pens, cultivates and harvests oysters, mussels and clams on natural and artificial beds, treats water and diseased fish, and empties and cleans outdoor tanks;
- navigates and maintains shipping vessels, assists with the shooting, hauling and repairing of fishing nets, prepares, lays and empties baited pots, and guts, sorts and stows fish;
- establishes and maintains forest nurseries, forestry and woodland, and diagnoses and treats diseased trees;
- patrols a designated area of the countryside to monitor damage, erosion, access to rights of way and the state of footpaths and other facilities, and carries out remedial maintenance work as necessary;
- monitors and maintains the level of wildfowl on public and private estates.