Business and financial project management professionals
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Job holders in this unit group manage and oversee major projects across all sectors of modern industry, commerce and the public sector, in areas such as e-commerce, business analysis, finance, product development, marketing, human resources.
QualificationsEntry may be via a degree or postgraduate qualification in project management or a subject relevant to the particular sector or via significant relevant work experience in that sector.
- finds out what the client or company wants to achieve;
- agrees timescales, costs and resources needed;
- draws up a detailed plan for how to achieve each stage of the project;
- selects and leads a project team;
- negotiates with contractors and suppliers for materials and services;
- ensures that each stage of the project is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards;
- reports regularly on progress to the client or to senior managers.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.