Business sales executives
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Business sales executives provide advice to existing and potential customers, and receive orders for specialist machinery, equipment, materials and other products or services that require technical knowledge.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements, although entrants usually possess academic qualifications and/or relevant experience in a particular profession or speciality. Training is usually on-the-job. Professional qualifications and NVQs/ SVQs at Levels 2 and 3 are available.
- discusses customer requirements and advises them on the capabilities and limitations of the goods or services being sold;
- quotes prices, credit details, delivery dates and payment arrangements and arranges for delivery and installation of goods if appropriate;
- makes follow up visits to ensure customer satisfaction and to obtain further orders;
- stays abreast of advances in product/field and suggests possible improvements to product or service;
- maintains records and accounts of sales made and handles customer complaints.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.