Cleaning and housekeeping managers and supervisors
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Workers in this unit group manage and supervise cleaning and other housekeeping tasks within private households, hotels, schools, hostels and other non-private households, and in offices and other premises.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements, but GCSEs/S grades and/or relevant work experience may be needed in some instances. BTEC certificates and diplomas, NVQs/SVQs and degree level courses are available in relevant areas.
- recruits or participates in the selection process for cleaning and housekeeping staff and takes charge of staff training;
- assigns duties and responsibilities to staff and oversees working rotas;
- supervises the activities of cleaners and other housekeeping staff and inspects work undertaken;
- oversees the provision of cleaning and housekeeping supplies;
- arranges for replacement of broken, defective tools and handles arrangements for repairs to fixtures and fittings;
- manages budget for cleaning and housekeeping supplies and keeps record of expenditure.