Collector salespersons and credit agents
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Collector salespersons and credit agents visit private households to obtain orders and collect payments for goods and services.
QualificationsNo academic qualifications are required. Training is provided on-the-job and may be supplemented by specialist short courses provided by employers.
- calls on household, explains purpose of call and displays or describes goods/services on offer;
- emphasises main selling point of goods/services to stimulate customer interest;
- quotes prices and terms, collects any payments and completes hire purchase or credit arrangements;
- distributes advertising literature and sample goods;
- makes follow-up calls to obtain further orders.