Conference and exhibition managers and organisers
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Job holders in this unit group manage, organise and coordinate business conferences, exhibitions and similar events.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although entrants typically possess GCSEs/S grades, A levels/H grades, a BTEC/SQA award or equivalent qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and may be required by some employers. Off- and-on-the-job training is available.
- discusses conference and exhibition requirements with clients and advises on facilities;
- develops proposal for the event, and presents proposal to client;
- allocates exhibition space to exhibitors;
- plans work schedules, assigns tasks, and co-ordinates the activities of designers, crafts persons, technical staff, caterers and other events staff;
- liaises closely with venue staff to ensure smooth running of the event;
- ensures that Health and Safety and other statutory regulations are met.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.