Customer service occupations n.e.c.
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of customer service occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 721: Customer Service Occupations.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers expect candidates to possess GCSEs/S grades. Training is typically provided on-the-job, supplemented by specialist short courses.
- receives enquiries from potential and existing clients, discusses requirements, and recommends products or services;
- discusses pricing processes with clients, agrees payment arrangements and handles customer accounts;
- makes reservations, books tickets, organises insurance policies on behalf of customers;
- follows up clients to ensure their satisfaction with a product or service and to gain renewal of customer service agreements;
- addresses customer complaints and problems;
- informs customers of special promotions and new product launches.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.