Debt, rent and other cash collectors
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Debt, rent and other cash collectors collect payments due or overdue from households and businesses and empty cash from prepayment meters or machines.
QualificationsNo academic qualifications are required. Training is typically provided on-the-job. This may be supplemented by specialised training courses within larger agencies.
- receives payment at centralised office or calls on household/business premises;
- records details of transaction, issues receipt or annotates rent book;
- reads gas, water and electricity meters;
- cleans, services and fills vending machines and collects money from meters, vending machines and other cash operated machinery;
- collects tolls from persons wishing to gain access to private roads, bridges, piers, etc. and operates tollgates to control entry;
- remits cash, cheques or credit notes to cashier, supervisor or bank, building society or post office.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.