Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Draughtspersons prepare technical drawings, plans, maps, charts and similar items.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess GCSEs/S grades, BTEC/ SQA awards, an appropriate GNVQ/GSVQ or A levels/H grades. Further training consists of courses of study and supervised practical experience.
- examines design specification to determine general requirements;
- considers the suitability of different materials with regard to the dimensions and weight and calculates the likely fatigue, stresses, tolerances, bonds and threads;
- prepares design drawings, plans or sketches and checks feasibility of construction and compliance with safety regulations;
- prepares detailed drawings, plans, charts or maps that include natural features, desired surface finish, elevations, electrical circuitry and other details as required;
- arranges for completed drawings to be reproduced for use as working drawings.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.