Elementary security occupations n.e.c.
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of elementary security occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 924: Elementary Security Occupations.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements. For some vacancies a current and clean driving licence is required and entrants may have to pass a medical examination. Off- and on-the-job training may be provided.
- serves summonses and, on court authority, takes possession of goods to the value of outstanding debt;
- accepts payment on behalf of court and issues receipts;
- ejects persons in illegal occupation of premises;
- watches for illegal fishing or attempted smuggling;
- deals with any security difficulties in art galleries and museums, clubs, public houses, employers’ establishments and other buildings;
- receives clothing, luggage and other articles, collects fee and issues ticket and returns item to deposit or on presentation of receipt;
- operates push-button or hand controls to raise and lower lifts to required floor and ensures safety of goods and passengers carried in lift.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.