Financial accounts managers
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Job holders in this unit group manage client accounts or departments within financial institutions (such as banks and insurance companies) or manage a variety of financial accounts within other organisations.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements although professional qualifications in accountancy may be required by some employers. These qualifications can be linked to NVQs/SVQs in Accounting at Levels 2, 3 and 4, and apprenticeships may be available in some areas.
- develops and manages business accounts to increase sales of financial products;
- takes responsibility for the efficient and effective operation of several business accounts;
- manages teams handling insurance claims;
- checks customers’ credit rating with banks and credit reference agencies, and decides whether to offer credit;
- establishes terms of credit and ensures timely payment by customer, renegotiates payment terms and initiates legal action to recover debts if necessary;
- carries out and/or supervises general accounting and administrative work.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.