Financial and accounting technicians
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Financial and accounting technicians work alongside accountants and other financial professionals in managing the financial affairs of organisations.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic requirements. Professional qualifications are available from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants and the Association of Accounting Technicians. These qualifications can be linked to NVQs/SVQs in Accounting at Levels 2, 3 and 4. Exemptions to professional examinations may be granted to those with certain academic qualifications.
- maintains profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flow forecasts and other accounting records;
- produces, collates and reports financial information for managers;
- liaises with clients to ensure that payments are made on time and credit limits are not exceeded;
- ensures invoices and payments are correct and sent out on time;
- monitors accounting systems to determine accounts are being maintained effectively and provides information on accounting practices to auditors.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.