Financial institution managers and directors
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Financial institution managers and directors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources of banks, building societies, insurance companies and post offices.
QualificationsEntry is possible with A levels/H grades, S/NVQ levels 4 and 5, a degree or equivalent qualification. Those with higher qualifications obtain accelerated training. Internal promotion to management is also possible. On-the-job training is provided. Professional qualifications are available and often mandatory.
- plans, organises, directs and co-ordinates the activities of financial institutions;
- verifies that accounting, recording and information storage and retrieval procedures are adhered to;
- authorises loans and mortgages in accordance with bank or building society policy;
- promotes financial services, establishes contact with the local business community and professional firms;
- preparing general reports and briefs on more complex cases for senior management;
- ensures compliance with the statutory regulatory framework.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.