Fork-lift truck drivers
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Fork-lift truck drivers operate fork-lift trucks in factories, warehouses, storerooms and other areas to transfer goods and materials.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is through accredited training schemes provided in-house or by manufacturers. NVQs/SVQs in Lift Truck Operations are available at Level 2.
- operates controls to pick up load on forks;
- drives truck to unloading point and lowers forks to correct position on stack or ground;
- ensures that truck is connected to charger or is correctly refuelled for use;
- keeps records of work undertaken;
- cleans, oils and greases machine.