Functional managers and directors
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Functional managers and directors in this unit group perform a variety of senior management tasks in respect of other specialist functions or fields of activity in organisations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 113: Functional Managers and Directors.
QualificationsEntry standards will vary according to the specific function and requirements of the organisation concerned, as will options for training off- and on-the-job.
- helps to formulate and implement local government policy and ensures legal and statutory provisions are observed;
- organises local authority office work and resources, negotiates contracted out services;
- plans, organises, coordinates and directs the resources of a special interest organisation;
- formulates and directs the implementation of an organisation’s policies;
- represents union, association or charity in consultation and negotiation with government, employees and other bodies;
- stimulates public interest by providing publicity, giving lectures and interviews and organising appeals;
- directs or undertakes the preparation, publication and dissemination of reports and other information pertaining to the organisation.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.