Further education teaching professionals
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Further education teaching professionals supervise and teach trade, technical, commercial, adult education, secondary and post-secondary courses to students beyond minimum school leaving age.
QualificationsFurther education lecturers normally require a professional or academic qualification in the subject area they intend to teach, relevant professional, industrial or business experience and an appropriate teaching qualification.
- prepares, delivers and directs lectures, seminars and tutorials;
- prepares, administers and marks examinations, essays and other assignments;
- arranges instructional visits and periods of employment experience for students;
- assists with the administration of teaching and the arranging of timetables;
- liaises with other professional and commercial organisations to review course content.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.