Groundsmen and greenkeepers
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Groundsmen and greenkeepers cut and lay turf and maintain areas for golf courses and other sports grounds.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements. NVQs/SVQs in Sports Turf Management are available at Level 4. Professional qualifications are also available.
- levels ground and installs drainage system as required;
- cuts and lays turf using hand and machine tools and repairs damaged turf;
- moves soil to alter surface contour of land using mechanical equipment and constructs appropriate landscaping features and maintains such features;
- monitors and maintains the quality and condition of turf;
- rolls, mows and waters grass, marks out pitches.