Health associate professionals n.e.c.
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Job holders in this unit group carry out a variety of technical and complementary support functions not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 321: Health Associate Professionals.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess an accredited degree or postgraduate qualification. Training can take between two to five years depending upon the chosen method of study. Courses provide a mixture of theoretical study and practical experience. Membership of professional bodies may be mandatory in some areas.
- prescribes diet therapy and gives advice to patients, health care professionals and the public on dietetic and nutritional matters for those with special dietary requirements or to prevent illness;
- diagnoses and treats disorders of vision and eye movements, monitors subsequent progress and recommends further optical, pharmacological or surgical treatment as required;
- manipulates and massages patient to discover the cause of pain, relieve discomfort, restore function and mobility and to correct irregularities in body structure;
- inserts needles under the skin, administers aromatic herbs and oils and massages body to relieve pain and restore health;
- advises and prescribes in areas of complementary and alternative medicine.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.