Information technology and telecommunications professionals
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of tasks not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 213: Information Technology and Telecommunication Professionals.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- undertakes the testing of software, systems or computer games for errors, identifies source of problems and proposes solutions;
- develops, implements and documents test plans for IT software, systems and computer games;
- develops quality standards and validation techniques;
- makes recommendations concerning software/system quality;
- examines IT system for potential threats to its security and integrity and draws up plans for disaster recovery if security is compromised;
- deals with and reports on breaches in security.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.