IT business analysts, architects and systems designers
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Workers in this unit group provide advice on the effective utilisation of IT and design IT systems in order to meet the business objectives or to enhance the business effectiveness of the organisation.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- liaises with internal/external clients in order to analyse business procedure, clarify clients’ requirements and to define the scope of existing software, hardware and network provision;
- undertakes feasibility studies for major IT developments incorporating costs and benefits, and presents proposals to clients;
- communicates the impact of emerging technologies to clients and advises upon the potential introduction of such technology;
- provides advice and assistance in the procurement, provision, delivery, installation, maintenance and use of IT systems and their environments;
- examines existing business models and flows of data and designs functional specifications and test plans for new systems in order to meet clients’ needs;
- researches, analyses, evaluates and monitors network infrastructure and performance;
- works closely with clients to implement new systems.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.