IT project and programme managers
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Jobholders in this unit group manage, coordinate and technically supervise specific IT projects and programmes of a discrete duration and/or budget.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of relevant vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- works with client or senior management to establish and clarify the aims, objectives and requirements of the IT project or programme;
- plans the stages of the project or programme, reviews actions and amends plans as necessary;
- coordinates and supervises the activities of the project/programme team;
- manages third party contributions to the programme or project;
- monitors progress including project/programme budget, timescale and quality;
- coordinates and oversees implementation of the project or programme;
- reports on project or programme to senior management and/or client.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.