IT specialist managers
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
IT specialist managers plan, organise, manage and coordinate the provision of specialist IT services and functions in an organisation.
QualificationsEntrants usually possess a degree or equivalent qualification, although entry with other academic qualifications and/or significant relevant experience is possible. There is a variety of vocational, professional and postgraduate qualifications available.
- plans, coordinates and manages the organisation’s IT provision or a specialist area of IT activity;
- liaises with users, senior staff and internal/external clients to clarify IT requirements and development needs;
- takes responsibility for managing the development of a specialist aspect of IT provision such as user support, network operations, service delivery or quality control;
- supervises the technical team and coordinates training;
- plans and monitors work and maintenance schedules to ensure agreed service levels are achieved;
- reports on IT activities to senior management.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.