Legal professionals n.e.c.
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Job holders in this unit group perform a variety of other professional legal occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 241: Legal Professionals.
QualificationsEntry to training usually requires a qualifying law degree or postgraduate diploma. Entrants then undertake a further year of academic training and then complete up to four years of assessed supervised experience in legal practice. Entrants may also require up to five years post qualifying experience in legal practice.
- co-ordinates the activities of magistrates courts and advises magistrates on law and legal procedure;
- provides legal advice to individuals within Citizens Advice, Law Centres and other such establishments;
- drafts and negotiates contracts on behalf of employers;
- advises employers, local and national government and other organisations on aspects of law and legislative implications of decisions made;
- represents public and private organisations in court as necessary.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.