Management consultants and business analysts
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Jobholders in this unit group advise industrial, commercial and other establishments on a variety of management and business-related matters to assist in the formulation of financial and business policies in order to maximise growth or improve business performance.
QualificationsEntry is most common with a degree or equivalent qualification, but is possible with other academic qualifications. Professional qualifications are available and will be a requirement in some areas.
- assesses the functions, objectives and requirements of the organisation seeking advice;
- identifies problems concerned with business strategy, policy, organisation, procedures, methods and markets;
- determines the appropriate method of data collection and research methodology, analyses and interprets information gained and formulates and implements recommendations and solutions;
- advises governments, commercial enterprises, organisations and other clients in light of research findings;
- runs workshops, and addresses seminars, conferences and the media to present results of research activity or to express professional views.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.