Market and street traders and assistants
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Market and street traders and assistants sell goods (other than refreshments) from stalls, barrows and other portable containers in streets and market places.
QualificationsNo academic qualifications are required.
- displays products on stall or barrow;
- calls out or otherwise attracts attention to goods on offer;
- sells goods at fixed price or by bargaining with customer;
- accepts payment and may wrap goods;
- cleans up site on completion of each day’s trading.