Parking and civil enforcement occupations
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Job holders in this unit group patrol assigned areas to detect and prevent infringements of local parking regulations and control the parking of vehicles in public and private car parks.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements. Candidates should be at least 18 years of age (in some areas 20?25+) and may be required to pass a medical examination. Training is typically provided on-the-job.
- patrols assigned area to detect vehicles parked in no-parking zones and vehicles parked in excess of permitted time in restricted parking zones;
- warns offenders or issues tickets;
- advises motorists on local parking facilities and directs them as required;
- notes any cases of obstruction, evasion of tax or other infringement and reports them to the police;
- gives evidence in court as required;
- regulates entry/exit of vehicles to and from car parks and may park cars;
- issues and examines tickets in car parks, collects charges and gives change.