Production managers and directors in mining and energy
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Production managers and directors in mining, energy and water supply plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the activities and resources necessary for the extraction of minerals and other natural deposits and the production, storage and provision of gas, water and electricity supplies.
QualificationsThere are no pre-set entry standards. Entry is possible with either GCSEs/S grades or A levels/H grades, a BTEC Diploma, an apprenticeship, NVQ (level 3), a degree or equivalent qualification with/without relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is provided and can lead to professional qualifications.
- co-ordinates the activities of mines, quarries, drilling operations and offshore installations;
- determines staffing, material and other needs;
- co-ordinates and supervises coal-face production activities and ensures compliance with health and safety regulations;
- ensures that all haulage, storage, purification and distribution work is performed efficiently and in compliance with statutory and other regulations;
- arranges for the provision of gas, water and electricity supplies;
- ensures compliance with issues relating to the environmental impact of operations.