Quality assurance and regulatory professionals
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Jobholders in this unit group plan, organise, co-ordinate and direct the effective measurement monitoring and reporting on the qualitative and regulatory aspects of a specified tangible (industrial production) or non-tangible (service provision) output.
QualificationsEntry normally requires a degree or equivalent qualification with relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is available. NVQs/SVQs that encompass quality assurance elements are available up to Level 4.
- develops and implements visual, physical, functional or other appropriate measures and tests of quality;
- analyses and reports upon the results of quality control tests to ensure that production remains within specification;
- considers the impact of legislation upon specification requirements;
- examines current operating procedures to determine how quality may be improved;
- examines operating procedures to ensure the process and the product meet regulatory standards and implements changes necessary to ensure compliance.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.