Roundspersons and van salespersons
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Roundspersons and van salespersons deliver and sell food, drink and other goods by calling on householders or by selling from a mobile shop or van and call on households to collect and receive payment for laundered or similarly serviced articles.
QualificationsNo academic qualifications are required but candidates should hold a clean driving licence. Off- and on-the-job training is provided.
- loads vehicle with food, drink, or articles that have been laundered, etc.;
- drives vehicle over established route and parks at recognised stopping places or households;
- calls at customers’ premises and delivers ordered goods;
- calls out, rings bell or otherwise attracts attention to the items on sale;
- sells goods, records deliveries, takes further orders or articles requiring servicing and collects cash or prepares bill;
- returns to depot and hands in unsold goods and cash.