Sales related occupations n.e.c.
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of sales occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 712: Sales Related Occupations.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by short courses covering practical skills and details of the product or service being sold. NVQs/SVQs in Selling are available at Levels 2 and 3.
- assesses characteristics of goods/services being sold and decides on main selling points;
- advises clients and agents on insurance related problems, seeks new outlets for business and quotes premiums, bonus rates, tax concessions, etc.;
- obtains orders for advertising, financial, catering, printing and transportation services;
- organises parties in private households to sell clothing, fashion accessories, giftware and other goods;
- provides demonstrations of a product within retail stores, exhibitions and trade fairs to promote interest amongst potential customers;
- negotiates agreements for the passage of supply lines over or under land/property and the siting of supporting structures and other items.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.