Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Sales supervisors oversee operations and directly supervise and coordinate the activities of sales and related workers in retail and wholesale establishments.
QualificationsNo minimum academic qualifications are required although some employers may require GCSEs/S grades or A levels/H grades along with relevant work experience. NVQs/SVQs in Retail Operations are available at Levels 1 and 2, and apprenticeships may be available in some areas. Professional qualifications are relevant in some areas of selling and may be an advantage.
- directly supervises and coordinates the activities of sales and related workers;
- establishes and monitors work schedules to meet sales and productivity targets;
- liaises with managers and other departments to resolve operational problems;
- determines or recommends staffing and other needs to meet sales and productivity targets;
- reports as required to managerial staff on departmental activities.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.