Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Professional sportsmen and women train and compete, either individually or as part of a team, in their chosen sport for financial gain.
QualificationsNo academic qualifications are required. Entry is based upon talent that can be further developed through coaching and training.
- participates in exhibitions, pre-qualifying events, tournaments and competitions;
- attends training sessions to develop skills and practice individual or team moves and tactics;
- builds stamina, physical strength and agility through running, fitness exercises and weight training;
- maintains clothing and other specialised sporting equipment;
- discusses performance problems with coaches, physiotherapists, dieticians and doctors.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.