Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Taxation experts advise on tax matters and assess tax liabilities.
QualificationsEntry is possible with GCSEs/S grades or a BTEC/ SQA award, although many entrants possess a degree or equivalent qualification. A professional qualification is required in either accountancy or taxation. Training is undertaken on-the-job and usually takes approximately four years to complete.
- examines accounts of industrial, commercial and other establishments to determine their tax liability and makes adjustments to claims where necessary;
- considers particular problems concerning all forms of personal and company taxation;
- stays abreast of all changes in tax law and precedent;
- discusses disputed cases with accountants and other specialists;
- represents Government, client or employer in contested claims before tax officials or an independent tribunal.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.