Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Telephone salespersons obtain, receive, process and record telephone orders for goods and services.
QualificationsAcademic qualifications may be required. Training is typically received on-the-job, supplemented by short courses in practical skills. NVQs/SVQs in Selling are available at Levels 2 and 3.
- learns about the product(s)/service(s) to be sold;
- telephones potential customers, explains purpose of call, discusses their requirements and advises on the goods/services being offered;
- quotes prices, credit terms and delivery conditions and records details of orders agreed;
- receives orders for goods/services by telephone and records relevant details;
- arranges despatch of goods and services, information and/or brochures to customers;
- maintains record of sales statistics, customers contacted and changes to customer details.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.