Travel agency managers and proprietors
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Travel agency managers and proprietors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the resources and activities of travel agencies and booking offices.
QualificationsEntry is most common with GCSEs/S grades but is possible with other academic qualifications and/or relevant experience. Off- and on-the-job training is available. BTEC/SQA awards and NVQs/SVQs at Level 3 are available.
- plans work schedules and assigns tasks and responsibilities;
- co-ordinates the activities of clerical, secretarial and other staff;
- discusses client’s requirements and advises on road, rail, air and sea travel and accommodation;
- makes and confirms travel and accommodation bookings, arranges group holidays, tours and individual itineraries;
- advises on currency and passport/visa regulations and any necessary health precautions needed;
- determines financial, staffing, material and other short- and long-term needs.