Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Travel agents advise travellers upon travel arrangements, make bookings and receive payment for travel arrangements made.
QualificationsThere are no formal academic entry requirements, although many employers require entrants to possess GCSEs/S grades. Off- and on-the-job training is usually available. NVQs/SVQs in travel services at Levels 2 and 3, BTEC, apprenticeships and higher level qualifications are available.
- discusses client requirements and shows brochures containing suitable packages;
- establishes availability with tour operators and makes bookings;
- consults travel time-tables, books travel tickets and accommodation;
- handles cash, debit and credit card payment;
- informs client of any changes in travel arrangements;
- advises on issues of currency, passports, visa requirements, insurance, car hire, vaccinations and other health precautions.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.