Welfare professionals n.e.c.
Average Annual Pay
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2017
Average Weekly Hours
Annual Survey of Hours and Earning 2015
Labour Force Survey 2018
Future employment projections (Working Futures UK)
Workers in this unit group perform a variety of welfare-related professional occupations not elsewhere classified in MINOR GROUP 244: Welfare Professionals.
QualificationsEntry is via a variety of relevant academic and/or professional qualifications. Background checks including a CRB check are likely to be required.
- provides activities to assist young people develop and fulfil their potential as individuals and within the community;
- advises and supports families experiencing stress or crisis;
- acts as an advocate for and represents individuals and families at tribunals and similar hearings;
- oversees, supervises and provides counselling for the process of adoption;
- mentors and counsels those with mental health problems;
- provides rehabilitation services to individuals;
- manages volunteers and part-time workers, and liaises with other relevant professionals;
- keeps records and controls budgets.
Common job titles
Destination of Leavers survey, supplied by the Higher Education Statistics.